News: Kampung Baru Fire Victims Given Temporary Homes

Jun 18, 2019

Families in Kampung Baru whose homes were gutted by fire last month were recently given temporary houses in Taman Intan Baiduri, Kepong. 

The key presentation ceremony for the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) houses was held in Kampung Baru Multipurpose Hall, with Federal Territories Minister Khalid Abdul Samad officiating the ceremony.

According to The Star, Khalid said that the families would be permitted to occupy the houses for six months, while they looked for something more permanent.

The first three months would be rent free, after which a monthly rental of RM124 would be collected from the families for the rest of their stay.

“We hope the families can comply and will be willing to move out after six months to allow other applicants access to the houses,” Khalid said, noting that the families were prioritised because of the nature of the disaster.

Read More: Learn All About Home Insurance And Be Protected

Norazlina Razali, one of the victims, said she was grateful for the help.

“Although the location is a little further from Kampung Baru, we still appreciate the help,” she said.

Fighting back tears, Faridah Mohd Nor, another victim, noted that while the fire caused various difficulties in their lives, the incident brought the affected families closer.

“Our lives will be different after this at the new location but I know we will help each other get through this difficult time together.”

 

Let us help you determine your eligibility and how much the banks will loan you using our ‘Home Loan Pre-Approval’, with a 99.9% accuracy! Click here.

spacer
agent image
agency logo
Daniel Fun
Real Estate Negotiator
Starcity Property Sdn. Bhd.
danielproperty188@gmail.com
(+60) 16-7218630